Interior Design Home Trends in 2019
The interior of your home is a place for you to really show your creativity. But sometimes it’s hard to come up with the inspiration to make the changes you so desperately want to make to your home. Maybe you want to add a pop to your floors or ceilings but you don’t know where to start. Narrow your focus, and figure out which room or areas you want to redecorate. Once you’ve done that, here are some ideas you can use to add some flair to your home. They’re also some of the trendiest interior design tips of 2019.
3 Stylish Interior Design Tips
One of a Kind Decorations
This trend can be a really fun way to bring some panache to your home, and it’s one that’s really fun to go out and shop for. Everyone loves shopping for knick-knacks and unique furniture pieces for their home. It’s nice knowing that no one else out there has that particular piece. Pick out items for your kitchen, bedrooms or other areas that will add a touch of personality to your home.
· Entry table – Getting a one of a kind piece of furniture for your entry way adds a unique touch to your home, and it’s the first thing that people see. Find a piece of furniture that is one of a kind, or make your own if you’re into DIY projects. Often times you can find unique pieces on Etsy or other small business sites.
· Modified Gallery Wall – Walls with a slew of mismatched frames, called gallery walls, were a huge trend, and still are to some extent. But there’s a new way this can be accomplished in a much more interesting way. Largest pictures in the back, you layer pictures on the floor underneath your entry table instead of mounting them on your wall. Put a statement mirror on the wall instead or another piece that accentuates the area.
· Handcrafted knick-knacks – Handcrafted items are really trending this year, and they add a really personal touch to your home.
Sleek lines and shapes have been dominating interior design for quite a while now. But a shift has begun, and its one that adds a unique look and feel to your home. We’re starting to see more 1970s inspired furniture than we’ve seen as of late, which is characterized by curves and smooth edges. Add any of these pieces to your living room to give the room a stylish look.
· Accent Chairs – Unique chairs with interesting curvy shapes can really add a different dimension to a room.
· Coffee Tables – More and more, we’re seeing more options for coffee tables in curved shapes, rather than traditional rectangular or square coffee tables. Pair this with a curved sofa or accent chairs to bring the design together.
· Sofas – Square and rectangular furniture is phasing out, and curvy backings are in. Replace your rectangular couch with a curved sofa to truly embrace this interior design trend.
Statement Ceilings and Floors
Bold colors and geometric patterns characterize this design trend, but really it’s all about commitment. If you want to embrace this design trend, you really have to go for it. After all, a statement is supposed to say something bold. So once you figure out what you’re trying to say with the room you’re decorating, here are some ideas you can integrate.
· Patterned Floor – You can choose anything from checkers to stripes to zig zag. Pair with this look with simple furniture and some bold knick-knacks, if you don’t want to go overboard.
· Bold Area Rug – If you don’t want to redo your whole floor, pick out a new area rug that will go with the theme of the room you’re designing.
· Patterned Ceilings – Just as bold as a patterned floor and the same concept, this option is more difficult to install, but that doesn’t mean it should deter you.
· Statement Lighting or Fixtures –Bold lighting or fixtures can add to the statement ceiling or make its own statement. Depending on your furniture choices, you can pick something bold for your light fixtures to give the interior of your home a pop.
Find a Home to Decorate in Orange County
Designing the interior of your newly purchased home is one of the most fun parts of buying a home. You get to decide what the interior of your home is going to look like and how you want people to feel when they enter your residence. If you want to find a place in Orange County to call home, I can help you. Let’s find you a home that you will take pride in decorating. Contact me today to find your home in Orange County.